CSI is designed to build the foundation for understanding the function of the craniosacral system and to teach/practice techniques to effect change.
- Explore the anatomy and physiology of the craniosacral system and its relationship to illness, pain and dysfunction
- Discover hands-on, fascial-release techniques to evaluate and alleviate a range of pain and dysfunction.
- Practice a 10-Step Protocol you can use immediately to evaluate and help patients.
- Watch an educational slide show that examines the inside of the human cranium.
- Observe skilled demonstrations and participate in hands-on practice.
Specific techniques include:
- Subtle palpation of three rhythms: heart, respiratory, craniosacral
- Release of pelvic diaphragms, thoracic inlet and occipital cranial base
- CV4 and other still-point inductions
- Frontal lift
- Parietal lift
- Sphenoid compression-decompression
- Temporal techniques: mastoid wobble, circumferential, ear pull (bilateral decompression)
- Dural tube evaluation, traction and correction
- TMJ techniques
- 10-step Protocol
Required Advance Reading:
|Cranio Sacral Therapy (Chapters 1 – 6)
by John E. Upledger, DO, OMM, and Jon D. Vredevoogd, MFA
|Your Inner Physician and You
by Dr. John E. Upledger